Sales Engineer - Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As an ISR Sales Engineer focused on our Space Services offering, you will join a growing team responsible for providing unique space-based solutions to the commercial market focusing primarily on the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) applications. You will engage directly with the Spire Account Executives and customer base to understand operational requirements, qualify opportunities, and design space-driven solutions. You will collaborate closely with your Sales Engineering colleagues and the Space Program team to develop customer-driven solutions that leverage Spire’s small satellite platforms, payloads, and global infrastructure.
The role of ISR Sales Engineer requires a deep understanding of the Spire technology stack and roadmap, focusing on RF payload and signal processing capability. Successful candidates will have a good balance of technical experience along with strong communications skills and experience in customer-facing roles.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work as part of a team to support sales discussions with Space Services customers, assess requirements and design the best possible solutions.
- Serve as the primary technical POC for the Space Services customer throughout the sales cycle.
- Engage directly with prime and government customers alongside Account executives to deliver value propositions and support technical discussions
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and reports explaining Spire’s products and services to prospective customers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the organization to assess feasibility of customer-driven solutions, refine scope and technical details of complex space mission programs, and generally represent the voice and requirements of the customer within the organization throughout the sales cycle.
- Work closely with the sales team and product managers to identify gaps in current ISR market and Spire product capabilities to drive the technology roadmap and enhance the product offering, acting as a subject matter expert for RF and signals intelligence opportunities.
- Support the creation of customer value propositions, generating targeted strategies to win new business.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role or signals intelligence field, including Government operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering e.g. Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Computer Science, Physics, or technical field related to signal processing or RF and signals intelligence (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of cross-functional teams.
- Strong comprehension skills to enable timely understanding of technically complex customer requirements and identification of thorough and sometimes unique solutions.
- The drive and energy to work in a fast paced, high performance environment.
- Proficiency in Python and/ or Linux
- Familiarity with radio frequency (RF) spectrum engineering
- Signal processing and DSP experience, preferably using satellite-based radio-frequency observations.
- Knowledge and experience of End User ISR applications
- Knowledge of ISR market environment, competitors and technology developments
Strong candidates will also possess skills or have direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience working in or with prime and government customers in the ISR domain.
- Experience in sales / business development
- Knowledge of GNSS, geolocation, position navigation and timing (PNT), and techniques such as TDOA, FDOA, and AOA/LOB
- Demonstrated signal processing and DSP experience, preferably using satellite-based radio-frequency observations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Matlab and/or Python.
Spire operates a hybrid work model and this position will require you to work a minimum of 3 days per week in our Luxembourg office.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.