Sales Manager, Maritime
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Maritime is seeking a talented, self-directed Sales Manager to drive the adoption of Spire’s space-based data and analytics products. You will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of our adoption across numerous industries within the US and EMEA.
What You'll Do.
As a Sales Manager, you are accountable for the success of your business within a region or vertical positioning Spire's market-leading Maritime solutions. Sales Managers have direct responsibility for the performance of the product portfolio, and it is expected that you will easily get a good understanding of the entire external business environment. Sales Managers are expected to build partnerships with key prospects, and manage the relationship until handoff with post-sales teams. You will help to initiate or support various projects in your area, that can range from complex negotiations with our partners to specific marketing initiatives. Most importantly, you will help raise the bar on the customer experience and that you will advocate on behalf of the customers to all/any internal functions.
- Generate new business opportunities while effectively managing internal support resources and working full sales cycle opportunities from initial contact, to close and ultimate handoff to Account Management and Customer Success teams.
- Meet and exceed annual quota and quarterly revenue and profitability targets.
- Full ownership for the customer experience across the entire Spire Sales Process.
- Ensure that internal processes and products get updated based on customer and industry insights.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the maritime industry and emerging competitive landscape.
- Develop and nurture industry network inclusive of key decision makers, influencers, organizations, outlets, etc.
- Ownership of accurate forecasting, analyzing data, understanding, and reporting on the business.
Who You Are:
The ideal Sales Manager will have a successful track record of revenue generation including quota and revenue target attainment across multiple quarters and years with complex, technical products and/or professional services. They will love and thrive in a fast-paced, hunting sales environment and feel comfortable driving strategic and complex initiatives through cross-functional teams to ensure their client's success. They are self-driven and comfortable with the unknown.
- Full cycle sales experience with a proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding targets.
- Successful experience achieving 7-figure sales targets.
- Have a hunter sales mentality with a strong desire to be successful.
- Proven track record of closing new logos selling complex technical products/solutions or professional services.
- Experience using data to influence business decisions.
- Possess an analytical mindset and have experience using deal-level business analytics.
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication skills.
- An embodiment of our company values (Global, Unbounded, Faster, Reliable, Relentless, Collaborative).
Spire operates a hybrid work model and this position will require you to work a minimum of 3 days per week in our Luxembourg office.
During the recruitment process candidates will be requested to provide with a recent criminal record extract for background screening purpose.#
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.#LI-JP1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.