Sr. Director, FP/A
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
What You'll Do:
Lead and manage the FP&A function for Spire including budget, forecast, and management reporting. To implement the appropriate financial planning systems and processes, oversee the financial analysis, and to provide expertise in financial reporting and control to assist management in the formulation and implementation of Spire’s business strategy. Assist with sales operations from helping to develop annual commission plans, provide sales reporting, manage the CRM tool to reviewing and assessing sales agreements. This role will report directly to the CFO and supervise a team of 6 associates (1 director, 3 finance managers and 2 associates).
- Oversee and lead the company’s quarterly, annual and long-range financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes and drive improvements in efficiency, accuracy, and transparency.
- Manage the company’s monthly forecasting process to capture key business trends, patterns, risks, and opportunities to help manage to the company goals and budget.
- Collaborate with the accounting team on the monthly close process including monthly account reviews, comparison of actual results to those forecasted/planned and identify any changes that may be necessary as part of month-end and quarter-end cycles.
- Oversee the monthly P&L review process that includes explaining variances to plan, providing insight on current and expected trends, and identifying areas of risk and opportunities.
- Develop in-depth financial analysis for trends in bookings, renewal rates, ARR, CAC, revenue, costs and profitability.
- Develop and continually improve management reporting used to present to the Executive Leadership and the Board.
- Manage and implement scalable FP&A processes and systems to support requirements from corporate and the business.
- Develop and maintain a strong FP&A team focused on integrity, partnership, and influence to help the business make the best decisions possible.
- Build strong relationships across all functions and areas within Spire and maintain an open flow of communication.
- Support the sales operation function with managing the CRM tool, providing sales reporting, crafting and strategizing on annual sales commission plans and reviewing and assessing sales contracts for policy adherence and proper reporting.
Who You Are:
You have a minimum 10 years of finance experience with 5 years of progressively complex financial leadership roles and a Bachelor's Degree with a finance concentration. You have worked on and managed globally/geographically disperse teams and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly growing, publicly traded organization.
- Demonstrated success in leading a FP&A organization and influencing business decisions across different levels of the organization.
- Hands-on leadership style with great people development skills, including the ability to motivate, recruit, develop and retain high potential people.
- Experience at high-growth, small to mid-size company desired.
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results, and strategy.
- Skilled at persuading and influencing a broad spectrum of constituents at all levels, including senior management.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex business problems and make sound business decisions.
- Highly proficient at creating efficient and effective financial models, budgets, and reports and enthusiastic to train others to do the same.
- Rock solid technical knowledge of finance.
- Systems savvy, ideally with experience managing financial planning and reporting tools.
- Self-starter who is comfortable leading in a fast-paced environment and will question and challenge existing norms.
- Exceptional project management skills
- MBA or CMA preferred Experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experienced using Workday Adaptive Insights and NetSuite ERP preferred.
What You can Expect:
Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.