Satellite MAIT Technician
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Would you like to be part of the team that builds, tests and prepares nano-satellites for launch? Spire Global in Glasgow are looking to hire MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration & Test) Technicians. The position is suited to recent graduates, experienced techs or anyone with a passion for learning that is looking for a start in the space industry. As part of the satellite manufacturing team you will help us define and execute the processes required to assemble and test our spacecraft within the purpose built facility in Glasgow.
Essential for success is a proactive, “can do” attitude coupled with a growth mindset. The successful candidate will be able to follow detailed instructions and have an unwavering attention to detail. An unbending focus on quality is critical. We need enthusiastic team players with a passion for the industry as well as an open attitude towards challenging the status quo.
- PCBA & Mechanical part inspection
- Perform soldering tasks on surface mount components and PCBAs
- Sub-assembly electro-mechanical assembly and test
- Satellite assembly and integrated test
- Accurate completion of all quality documentations
- Provide design feedback to engineering
- Provide production improvements based on bottleneck analysis
- Investigation Reporting
- Failure analysis to component level
- Lab and Cleanroom Housekeeping
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role within an manufacturing or cleanroom environment
- Higher National Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- SVQ Level 3 in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- IPC or J-standard qualified for surface mount component placement and rework skills
- Experience working in a fast paced high tech environment
- Ability to work independently, yet in a collaborative environment
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions but also use initiative when required
- PCBA & Mechanical Assembly work
- Understanding of technical drawings; PCB layout, PCB Schematics, mechanical drawings
- Understanding of basic electronics
- Software programming experience
- Strong hand-on skills
- Quick learning with the ability to develop others
- Attention to detail & organisational skills
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- Proactive, self starter
This position will require you to work five days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.#LI-MI1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.