Sales Engineer, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud data and analytics company that owns and operates one of the largest constellations of satellites. Our proprietary data collection and processing techniques provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, weather, and earth intelligence data in the world. In addition to our comprehensive data services, Spire provides access to our satellite systems, global ground station network, and cloud-based processing infrastructure to offer unprecedented Space Services.
As a Sales Engineer focused on our Space Services offering, you will join a growing team responsible for providing unique space-based solutions to the commercial market. You will engage directly with the Spire Account Executives and customer base to understand operational requirements, qualify opportunities, and design space-driven solutions. You will collaborate closely with your Sales Engineering colleagues and the Space Program team to develop customer-driven solutions that leverage Spire’s small satellite platforms, payloads, and global infrastructure.
The role of Sales Engineer requires a deep understanding of the Spire technology stack and roadmap. With an emphasis on our Space Services offering, you will build intimate knowledge of the satellite subsystems, payload capabilities, and system interfaces critical to customers seeking to deploy systems onto our network. Successful candidates will have a good balance of technical experience along with strong communications skills and experience in customer-facing roles.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work as part of a team to support sales discussions with Space Services customers, assess requirements and design the best possible solutions.
- Serve as the primary technical POC for the Space Services customer throughout the sales cycle.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and reports explaining Spire’s products and services to prospective customers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the organization to assess feasibility of customer-driven solutions, refine scope and technical details of complex space mission programs, and generally represent the voice and requirements of the customer within the organization throughout the sales cycle.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the sales and internal engineering teams and provide routine product updates and training to the sales staff.
- Support the sales team in the development of technical proposals and generating or sourcing technical content specific to the customer’s application or problem set in a timely manner to ensure customer deadlines and sales objectives are met.
- Work closely with the sales team and product managers to identify gaps in current capabilities to drive the technology roadmap and enhance the product offering.
- Support the creation of customer value propositions, generating targeted strategies to win new business.
- Support initial Space Services program execution through the System Requirements Review, providing systems engineering support to document customer requirements and ensure a seamless transition from sales to execution.
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering (e.g. Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems), Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent combination of technical and work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of cross-functional teams.
- Strong comprehension skills to enable timely understanding of technically complex customer requirements and identification of thorough and sometimes unique solutions.
- The drive and energy to work in a fast paced, high performance environment.
Strong candidates will also possess skills or have direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in satellite systems engineering
- Experience in sales / business development
- Experience with mechanical systems design and AutoCAD software (e.g. Solidworks).
- Familiarity with the radio frequency (RF) spectrum engineering
- Experience in application or script development (preferably Python).
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?