Business Development Executive, Space Services (Singapore)
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. We are looking for a Business Development Executive to build a pipeline, drive customer engagement, and sell Space Services products to commercial customers, civil government agencies and institutions.
In this position, you will work autonomously to identify and cultivate new opportunities to provide customer value through Spire’s capabilities, infrastructure, and services. With a focus on non-standard and structured deals, this role demands a forward-looking mindset and the ability to synthesize overall Spire strategy and market interests with individual business opportunities. A key expectation will be the creation of a substantial (7-figure), viable, and real pipeline for 2022. In this role, you will have significant direct visibility and engagement with VP and Executive and Senior Management level executives.
This role is currently open for a Remote/Hybrid arrangement.
- Develop a full understanding of Spire’s Space Services offering and future capabilities through ongoing engagement and relationship building with Spire technical teams.
- Proactively identify potential customers across the APAC region, drive interest, structure transactions, and close deals to achieve quota.
- Work with the Marketing Manager Sales Engineer to create appropriate marketing, proposal, and pricing structures for each opportunity in cooperation with Spire internal teams.
- Track opportunities through the meticulous use of the Spire CRM system and prepare pipeline reports for review by higher-level Management.
- Insure smooth, constant, and verifiable forecast creation that leads consistent revenue/quota attainment.
- Undertake autonomous work effort and know when / how to keep Spire management informed.
- Take full responsibility for opportunity life cycle and marshalling of appropriate Spire resources.
- 5+ years related experience in business development in APAC.
- Demonstrated experience in selling data services and solutions, SW as a Service or cloud-based services and solutions to medium and large commercial customers, and/or government agencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have):
- Knowledge of the Space sector (desirable, but not mandatory)
- Extensive experience doing business across multiple countries in the regions
- Demonstrated experience with complex bid/proposal management
- Foreign language skills
- Ability to order competing priorities and analyze the ROI of an opportunity
- Skill working independently and within diverse teams to achieve objectives
- Experience building a customer and industry network that leads to new business opportunities
- Possess initiative to solicit customer and stakeholder needs
- Willingness to travel within the regions as needed
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?