Director of Inside Sales, Maritime
Founded in 2012, Spire is a space-to-cloud data and analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth. Spire’s proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking in the global market. Operating in four countries across four continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are scaling incredibly fast and are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
The Spire Maritime business is our largest business unit and is revolutionizing the way maritime data is collected, analyzed and delivered. We deliver smart, flexible API’s and analytics, that allow companies to easily access the highest quality data to help them make better operational decisions. The Maritime data platform is a combination of Spire Satellite data, associated tools for analytics and visualization and additional 3rd party datasets that enable our customers to optimize their businesses. Our customer segments include Shipping, Logistics, Trade, Finance & Insurance and the Government sector and we are rapidly expanding into additional segments.
We are seeking an experienced global Inside Sales Leader who can build, manage and lead a growing Inside Sales function through our next stage of rapid growth. This experienced sales leader will develop and execute an Inside Sales strategic plan and will build, and maintain, customer relationships that are essential for growing the Maritime business. Reporting to the VP, Maritime Global Sales, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinking, a team builder and leader, and adept at effectively working across multiple functions and other business units at Spire.
We promise you this: you’ll never be bored at Spire..
- You will work directly for Spire’s Vice President of Maritime Global Sales and will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan and building/maintaining customer relationships that are essential for growing the Maritime business.
- Responsible for monitoring and growing revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to review call center metrics to identify challenges and opportunities while also utilizing data to celebrate successes. Experience with devising innovative plans to improve team excitement/ performance such as monthly awards for high performers.
- Proven experience mentoring, coaching and working with employees to optimize performance across individuals and the team Consistently achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly bookings targets, pipeline development targets and KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Partner Sales and Marketing functions on key initiatives including demand generation programs, upsell & cross-sell initiatives and customer acquisition strategies.
- Responsible for all decisions regarding hiring, on-boarding, people, process, performance management for a team of 5-10 Inside Sales personnel with potential of growing to 25+.
- Heavy utilization experience of CRM platforms such as Salesforce or HubSpot as the opportunity management standard.
- Experience delivering executive level presentations both internally, and externally, while also driving strategic negotiations with key senior executives Customer executive meetings, briefings and negotiations.
Qualifications / Experience:
- You must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience as a sales leader for enterprise applications and or infrastructure solutions
- Experience in quickly hiring, inspiring, cultivating and identifying high potential members of inside sales team
- You have experience in selling transactional deals, contracting and an understanding of both commercial and government acquisition mechanisms
- You have excellent presentation skills
- You have an ability to drive initiatives from start to finish, working both alone and within teams
- Vast experience in building and managing commercial and non-US public sector sales and business development organizations and implementing multi-channel sales models that includes selling directly to the end-user and through technologies’ partners as well as strategic resellers
- Director should have deep understanding of linkages between territory sales and channel partners
- Business to Business Sales/Service and Contact Center experience is strongly preferred particularly in SaaS model technologies
- Ability to work early hours to accommodate European time zones as well as an understanding of communicating with international customers a plus
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and in groups
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Good listening skills – internally and externally
- Ability to plan for growth beyond 18 months
- Highly ethical business practices
- Willingness to travel periodically for products training and other maritime business units needs
- Understanding of the Maritime ecosystem is highly desirable
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $140,000 to $160,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for commissions and annual equity awards. This role is also eligible for our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Something looks off?