Senior Software Engineer, Weather
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth. We develop products providing public and private sector customers a uniquely precise understanding of what’s happening in the world in areas such as weather, air traffic, shipping, and more.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Weather Product Engineering team and help take our product pipeline, APIs, and other product delivery infrastructure to another level.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on our products and infrastructure as we continue to grow our portfolio of data and services.
- Have a customer- and product-driven focus and mindset
- Maintain and improve our data/product pipeline
- Design, implement, maintain, and document web services and APIs
- Be comfortable moving across domains (software, infrastructure, science) and projects
- Provide backend support for customer-facing tools and applications
- Ability to deliver when it counts with a collaborative spirit
- Apply industry standard security best practices
- Responsible for engaging across multiple business areas including engineering, project management, business development, and after-sales support
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS and cloud-native architecture
- Proficiency with Python and Linux
- Experience working with big data
- History of work in a mission-critical, production or operational environment
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following:
- Building and/or managing large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- Leveraging the Pangeo ecosystem for large-scale data analysis
- Stream processing, particularly for geospatial applications
- Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Cloud formation
- Building and scaling high-quality APIs