Senior Financial Analyst
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a finance professional to support one of our strategic business units as well as multiple general & administrative organizations within Spire. This role will directly support the general manager of the business unit and all senior staff in helping to grow the top line through strategic marketing and sales investments while also growing the bottom line through optimized expense management. This will include critical analysis, recommendation, and presentation to both the general management team and finance leadership across the breadth of the P&L for the business. Additionally, this position will support other G&A teams including primarily the Legal and Human Resources teams. In this capacity, you will work directly with the Chief Legal Officer and the Chief People Officer in helping optimize expenses and develop other key metrics and indicators for finance controls in these areas.
The successful candidate needs to enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment where they can have a significant impact on the success of the organization. This position provides an exciting opportunity to focus on multiple areas of the business and grow the scope of the role in line with the growth and complexity of the business.
The position will be located in either San Francisco, CA, Washington DC or Boulder, CO and will report directly to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (hybrid arrangement possible).
- Manage end-to-end forecast process for one of Spire’s key business units which includes in depth analytics on critical financial indicators and dashboards. This will include regular updates to Spire executives and senior financial leadership
- Produce accurate and timely reporting (actual and forecasts) and develop business practices in line with expanding operations
- Generate key financial and business metrics in order to drive improved business decisions
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely annual budgets, monthly forecasts
- and strategic analysis in support of Spire’s long-term strategic priorities
- Partner and provide financial support to multiple departments with monthly financial statements, management packages and ad hoc financial and trend analysis
- This role acts as a trusted leader who assists in a cross functional capacity to align financial and investment goals for Spire
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Finance.
- Advanced level of skill Excel/MS Office, and working knowledge of Google office products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with flawless attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate results.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with financial accounting software (preferably NetSuite and
Workday Adaptive Insights).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, MBA preferred
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?