Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a material handler, you will be responsible for the storage, distribution and control of all materials that allow us to build our Satellites! You will play a vital part in the production team ensuring that engineering and production have availability and visibility of materials.
The key indicator of control will be ensuring that the system and physical inventory are aligned, creating an efficient and streamlined process for inventory control. This is achieved through the competent use of database and bespoke inventory control tools. Your impeccable organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects will enable our operations to continue to grow and c#LI-MK1apability.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Controlling goods in/out and recording all stock movements in support of the Satellite Manufacturing facility
- Ensuring that all records relating to stores are kept up to date and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Storing goods correctly and ensuring that they are properly protected against ESD damage.
- Carrying out housekeeping duties and ensuring that stores area is maintained in a well organised, clean and tidy manner.
- Part receiving/labelling and storage within a controlled environment.
- Part picking (kitting) and distributing to Manufacturing teams.
- Quarterly Inventory Counting & Reconciliation
- Product packaging in preparation of shipping
- Attention to detail in data entry and validation.
- Competent computer skills
- Proficiency with prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines
- Adept at handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proven experience in a similar material handler role
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Competence in use of spreadsheets and databases (Microsoft & Google)
- ESD awareness
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?