Senior Ground Station Network Engineer
Spire is a space-powered data and analytics platform that offers unique insights and powerful solutions about Earth from the ultimate vantage point – space – so organizations can act now and plan for the future with confidence, accuracy and speed. Leveraging its proprietary multi-purpose satellite constellation and sophisticated predictive analytics, Spire gives commercial and government organizations an unprecedented competitive advantage to solve their toughest challenges, empowered with knowledge from space.
Spire is looking for a cross-disciplinary IT network / Linux engineer, to support the development and deployment of remote ground station site installation and operations. These ground stations are located across the globe and facilitate communications with Spire’s constellation of small, low-earth orbit satellites.
The individual must have the following skills:
- Linux server administration, specifically Debian variants
- Ansible, Git, Python, and Bash scripting skills
- Network administration and troubleshooting of network switching
- Firewall appliances, Linux IP Tables, basic IP routing and VPNs
- AWS EC2 and VPC Instance management
- Network Monitoring and alerting, such as Nagios
- Network troubleshooting with tools such as Tcpdump or Wireshark
A few of following additional skills will be helpful:
- DevOps / CI+CD familiarity
- Basic familiarity with Docker management and troubleshooting
- System interfacing with industrial controllers and other odd pieces of hardware
- Basic Restful API Interfacing
- IT Security hardening
- Familiar with Radio Frequency (RF) systems and/or satellite ground stations
- Spectrum Analyzers, National Instruments UHD/USRPs
- Familiar with satellite constellations and/or the space industry. Kerbal Space Program
- Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Travel Internationally once or twice per year to ground station locations and/or other Spire offices
- Grafana, SQL, Elasticsearch, Logstash
- Collaborative personality
- Sense of humor
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?