Internal Communications Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are hiring a motivated Internal Communications Manager to help foster employee engagement and connectivity across our company as we scale the organization globally. We are looking for a curious person with a growth mindset who can work with our team on storytelling, manage our internal engagement platforms, and support executive communications. This position reports to the Director of Communications and will work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the company. The role is global in scope.
- Draft and edit internal communications materials, including memos, presentations, newsletters and blog posts;
- Work with leadership team on team-wide and company-wide communications to promote trust and transparency;
- Establish strong relationships and work closely with internal stakeholders across the company to ensure writing is authentic and effectively captures appropriate sentiment and meaning;
- Utilize multimedia formats for internal storytelling;
- Manage corporate intranet;
- Help organize in-person events across offices;
- Track and measure internal communications activity.
- 4+ years of communications experience focused on change management and/or employee engagement
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communicator who works well independently and collaboratively with a team
- Data-driven individual who measures and tracks success of programs
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity-driven, good humored, and out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.