Desktop and Systems Administrator
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
IT Desktop Support Specialist
We are seeking an experienced IT Desktop Support Specialist to join our global team. This role will provide high-level technical support, ensuring the smooth operation of end-user computing and assisting with various IT projects.
- End-User Support:
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution for software and hardware issues on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Respond promptly to IT service requests and escalate as necessary.
- Offer remote support for off-site users.
- Asset Management:
- Maintain accurate inventory records of all IT assets including computers, peripherals, and software licenses.
- Coordinate the disposal of obsolete equipment in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that assets are assigned, recovered, and maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Laptop Shipping and Preparation:
- Prepare laptops for new hires, including hardware setup, software installation, and system configurations.
- Ensure secure and timely shipping of laptops and equipment to remote employees or other office locations.
- Coordinate return and assessment of equipment from departing employees.
- Work closely with the broader IT team on large-scale projects or rollouts.
- Train and guide junior desktop support technicians and share best practices.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for IT processes, solutions to common issues, and user guidelines.
- Update knowledge base articles to help reduce resolution time for recurring issues.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and technologies in desktop support.
- Recommend enhancements to improve user experience, security posture, and system performance.
- Other Duties:
- Assist in the evaluation and testing of new software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of company data through the enforcement of security protocols and best practices.
- Complete Windows and macOS troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux; a solid grasp of Python, Bash, PowerShell, or Apple Script is a plus.
- Intermediate-to-expert understanding of identity and asset management solutions like Intune, Jamf, AzureAD, and Okta.
- Experience with collaboration software like Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Slack, and the Atlassian suite.
- Experience with solving problems within the TCP/IP stack, bonus if you have worked with Meraki, Palo Alto, or Cisco Networks.
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing video conferencing systems such as Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a global team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 5 years of experience in IT desktop support or a related role.
This is an onsite role and will require 5 days a week in our Boulder office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $90,000 to $130,500. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.