Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a talented, self-directed Data Analyst to join the Product Management team and help us build world-class customer-centric data products that solve industry and customer problems.
This is a person who has the experience to gather, combine, and clean data, derive KPIs and data-driven insights, and design comprehensive visualizations of those. The key responsibilities of the role are going to be to support the product management team on product discovery/development, perform product performance tracking and evaluation, and product operations.
The data analysist will have the opportunity to build the data analysis practice to support all Product decisions, and cross-collaborate with data operations, product marketing, and other teams providing product data and insights. The Data Analyst will be a key member of the product team to help ensure the continued quality and innovation of the expanding Spire Maritime product.
As a Data Analyst at Spire on our Maritime team, you will move fast and solve global problems. You might be a right fit if you love a complex and dynamic environment in which every decision has a direct impact on the business. We are relentlessly committed to our customers. We recognize that professional growth comes from embracing challenges and pushing our comfort zones. We support this journey by cultivating an atmosphere of learning, growth, and open discussions at all levels of our company. If this sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you.
- Analyze market data to identify trends and insights, and conduct market segment analysis to support product decisions.
- Analyze customer feedback, behavior, and usage data to ensure product-market fit, and to inform and suggest future product improvements.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify insights that drive product improvements and innovations.
- Use data to build hypothesis for product experiments.
- Own a master data for product use, including collecting data from multiple sources, validating to ensure reliability, and synthesizing it in reports and dashboards to support all business activities.
- Create and monitor KPIs and metrics to measure product performance.
- Support Product Marketing efforts gather and analyze customer feedback, and create reports on product and competitors' product findings to determine ways to improve performance
- Support the Data Operations team with usage reporting, statistics for tenders, data quality analysis, and others.
- Collaborate with all other teams, providing necessary product data and insights.
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst/Scientist or Technical Product Manager.
- 2+ years of experience producing statistics and analytical reviews of complex data sets
- Proficiency in R, Python, SQL, and data .
- Ability to set up clear automated dashboards and reports for consumption by key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with API products and preferably the maritime industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a customer-focused approach.
- Fluency in English.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.