Business Development Representative, Maritime
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s Maritime team is seeking a hungry, self-directed Sales Development Representative who is looking to accelerate their sales career and motivated to identify and cultivate new opportunities, provide customer value and advance the digitization of the global maritime ecosystem. Critical to the success of our business, the SDR is a key team member who will help drive the growth and shape the future of the maritime industry by increasing the adoption of data across multiple market segments and APAC geographies. The SDR will lead outbound prospecting and inbound lead qualification, generating sales qualified leads (SQLs) and building a healthy sales pipeline. To succeed in this position, you need to have an interest in building a career in sales, and you should be excited by how data can reshape traditional industries.
This role is based out of our Luxembourg office (hybrid model with 3x in-office 2x work from home).
- Gain proficiency in all Spire Maritime’s products & services
- Work within the CRM to maintain lead and prospect records
- Drive sales and pipeline growth by qualifying leads and enabling Sales Managers to close deals quickly and efficiently
- Research & identify new prospect accounts and lead opportunities
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at prospect accounts to book sales appointments and influence company revenue
- Conduct outbound prospecting activities – cold calls, emails, social strategies, etc.
- Qualify inbound Sales Accepted Leads (SALs)
- Lead high-level discovery calls with prospects with a focus on generating SQLs
- Explain Spire Maritime’s datasets and position the functionality and capabilities of our data as benefits to prospective business owners to solve their specific needs and challenges
- Work with Sales Managers and Sales Engineers to smoothly transition SQLs to the appropriate team members to perform follow on discovery meetings and/or technical demonstrations
- Interest in technology sales and drive for building / growing business
- Self-motivation, Drive to meet and exceed challenging goals, Persistence
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Interest / experience in data or SaaS industries
- Interest or experience in the Maritime and/or digital transformation industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or prior experience in data / software sales
- 1-2 years’ experience in a SaaS technology company
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.