Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Category Manager to join our team and oversee our electronics product category. As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic development, execution, and overall performance of the electronics category to drive value for Spire through our outsourced relationships and improve growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Category Strategy Development: Develop and implement a comprehensive category strategy for electronics products, including market analysis, competitive analysis, and savings opportunities.
- Supplier Management: Identify, negotiate with, and manage relationships with OEMs, CEMs, EMS & Distributors to ensure the availability of high-quality products at competitive prices.
- Contract Management: Ensure appropriate commercial arrangements are in place with strategic and preferred suppliers through negotiation of terms to achieve best outcomes for Spire.
- Market Analysis: Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitor activities to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance: Take ownership of the electronics category spend, consistently analysing and improving financial performance through cost reduction and improvement in payment terms, to achieve budget targets.
- Stakeholder Management: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Finance, and Programme Management, to ensure alignment of category objectives with business requirements.
- Risk Management: Categorisation of risks in the electronics space with the identification of appropriate actions to manage these risks for the best outcome for Spire.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data and analytics to assess category performance, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions.
- Reporting: Providing suitable inputs for regulatory requirements that Spire are to meet with appropriate actions to resolve any shortfalls.
- Teamwork: Being a key contributor in achieving wider team targets under the direction of the Supplier Relationship Manager.
- Proven experience in category management, specifically in the electronics market.
- Experience in outsourcing with EMS/CEM in the field of PCB & PCBA.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Knowledge of electronics products, market dynamics, and industry trends.
- Proficiency in data analysis and utilization of relevant software/tools.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving and exceeding targets.
Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in the Glasgow office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.#LI-MK1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.