Graduate Client Services Analyst
About the job
The Graduate Client Services Analyst acts as the primary contact for all customers, focusing initially on either our market-leading risk management products or Order/Execution Management and FIX network services. Our products are based on cutting-edge technologies and support all asset classes, including Crypto currencies and derivatives. After completing our training and shadowing program, the Graduate Client Services Analyst will investigate complex technical issues and explore business flows. You will learn topics including valuation, hedging and risk management, as well as supporting sophisticated Order management and Algorithmic trading in a rapid and fast paced environment. In collaboration with our software and data engineers, financial data analysts and product managers, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop their troubleshooting skills, learn our products deeply, grow their financial markets knowledge and deliver change into the Production environment to support our customers.
Who will love this job
- A client-oriented individual – you have an interest in working closely with financial technology to learn software applications in depth and work with clients to deliver solutions.
- A troubleshooter - you enjoy solving a range of problems, testing, replicating and investigating complex issues
- A collaborator – you are interactive and thrive in a collaborative team environment, who enjoys working closely with financial institutions such as Hedge Funds, Banks as well as with internal stakeholders to deliver solutions.
- A continuous learner – you love to learn and welcome the opportunity to develop your knowledge of financial markets and develop your troubleshooting and technical skills. Your professional qualifications are supported and encouraged in an environment of continuous learning.
What you'll do
- Providing frequent and clear updates to clients and internal teams on ongoing cases, via chat, phone and email
- Investigating complex workflow and troubleshooting faults, testing and recreating issues, reviewing logs and performing data analysis.
- Participate in escalation processes to inform customers and engage resources internally across the business to provide rapid solutions to critical issues.
- Conduct testing of programs and systems by analyzing them to determine likely problem areas, constructing and using sample data to test programs or systems failures.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise on TS Imagine products.
- Reviewing and making data and configuration changes.
- Contributing to documentation and knowledge sharing with colleagues in order to ensure processes and knowledge are reflected accurately.
- Work on a range of supporting projects in order to develop team tools, process or support for Implementation and Consultant initiatives.
You should have
- A Science or Mathematics based degree, Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Economics or another similar field
- A good understanding of computer operating system (E.g. Windows, UNIX), network and database concepts
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability with the desire to troubleshoot complex issues and workflows
- Highly motivated, self-starter attitude
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- A broad-based understanding of finance, trading concepts and associated risk strategies is desirable
Why TS Imagine / Benefits
- Currently hybrid home-office (at least 3 days in the office)
- Vacation and Personal days
- Annual bonus and salary review
- Training budget $1,500
- RRSP with 3% company matching
- Health insurance
- Subvention for public transportation
About TS Imagine
Created out of the combination of two best-in-class SaaS platforms, TradingScreen and Imagine Software, TS Imagine delivers integrated trading, portfolio and real-time risk solutions for capital markets. The platform is uniquely positioned to streamline complex and time-consuming workflows across front, middle, and back office functions. TS Imagine has close to 400 employees in 10 offices worldwide, serving approximately 500 global buy-side and sell-side institutions across North and South America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific including hedge funds, traditional asset managers, pension funds, mutual funds, and financial institutions.
We challenge our employees every day to think creatively and innovate across silos and across platforms.