Director Engineering - Intelligence Cloud
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Vendavo is looking for a Director, Engineering Intelligence Cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to lead world-class software engineering teams and work with some of the best and brightest people while also developing leadership and technology skills at one of the most innovative and progressive B2B commercial excellence SaaS companies.
We're looking for a results-focused enterprise software executive with a strong background in software engineering. This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule. Hybrid Team members typically work 2-3 days per week from the office with flexibility to choose the home office days.
- Lead product oriented and platform-oriented engineering teams developing cloud-native, multi-tenant SaaS products and foundational services.
- Help set clear priorities & objectives & stakeholder expectations.
- Align the teams, capacity, and dependencies to deliver on the objectives.
- Get the right people and teams involved to get stuff done.
- Ensure productive cooperation with other stakeholders (Support, Services, Operations, etc.)
- Support innovation and knowledge sharing across the teams & the whole of Vendavo.
- Drive excellence and efficiency in software engineering by embracing a continuous improvement mindset & encouraging best practices of SW engineering.
- Participate in the recruitment, development, and empowerment of top talent.
- Provide transparency for your teams but also for the stakeholders and top management – no sugar coating.
THE SKILL SET
- Decisive technology leader with a bias towards action.
- Experience developing and delivering modern SaaS products.
- Experience building cloud-native scalable systems on public cloud (e.g., AWS).
- Understanding of modern DevOps principles. The phrase, “You build it, you run it” should resonate with you.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile principles.
- Ability to connect with people and quickly form relationships.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to develop and deliver shared goals.
- Experience with managing managers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional command of the English language in both writing and speaking.
- Ability to communicate at all roles and levels inside the company.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top engineering talent.
- 7+ years leading and managing software development teams.
- Background in software development and computer science preferred.
- University degree in Computer Science or related computing field preferred.
- Working within a team of friendly, skilled people where help is always within reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company-sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks, and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 4 additional company days off to recharge your batteries (1 day each quarter) + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal contributions
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague, Hradec Kralove, and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac) and smartphone (Samsung S or iPhone), including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members
- O'Reilly Learning
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.