DevOps Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
We’re a growing team, and as we scale, so does our need to focus on expanding our customer operations team. As a DevOps Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be joining a people-focused company supporting the following below:
- Design, deploy, and maintain highly available and scalable AWS infrastructure
- Maintain infrastructure using Terraform and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to ensure smooth integration of applications into the Kubernetes (EKS) environment.
- Monitor (Grafana/Prometheus/Graylog) the health and performance of AWS services and Kubernetes clusters, implementing proactive measures to prevent issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production incidents.
- Optimize resource allocation and utilization in the Kubernetes environment.
- Automate deployment, configuration, and monitoring of Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD (Azure) pipelines for deploying applications to Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure compliance and implement best practices for securing infrastructure.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance tuning of the AWS and Kubernetes environment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in Kubernetes and cloud-native ecosystem
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years experience managing AWS infrastructure
- 3+ years experience managing Production Grade Kubernetes clusters
- Strong experience in designing, deploying, and managing AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters in a production environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS/Kubernetes architecture, components, and best practices.
- Proficient in containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Proficient in core AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, and IAM.
- Experience with Amazon DocumentDB or MongoDB and its ecosystem, including query optimization, and administration.
- Experience with Amazon RDS, including database administration, performance tuning, backup and recovery, and replication.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK stack.
- Experience with OpenSearch (formerly known as Elasticsearch) and its ecosystem, including Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Beats, and related tools.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and protocols in the context of Kubernetes.
- Strong scripting and automation skills (e.g., Bash, Python).
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Azure Pipelines.
- Knowledge of security best practices for securing Kubernetes clusters.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Kubernetes certification (e.g., Certified Kubernetes Administrator or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer)
- AWS certification (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator)
- Terraform certification (HashiCorp Certified Terraform Associate)
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of other container orchestration platforms like Docker Swarm or Apache Mesos.
- Familiarity with service mesh technologies like Istio or Linkerd.
- Understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Fully remote based with the flexibility to work from anywhere in India.
- Professional growth and Development opportunities.
- Working within a team of friendly, skilled people where help is always within reach
- Flexible working hours
- 4 recharge days, where the entire company goes on a brief pause in all geographies for 1 day each quarter. This day can be spent in whatever way helps you recharge, to regain energy, and dive back into the next workday
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac)
- Competitive pay and bonus
- 12 vacation days in a year in addition to 12 days sick and 3 days casual leave.
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time off per year
- Wedding gift and new baby born gift allowance for employees.
- 26 weeks of paid maternity leaves and one week of paid paternity leave.
- Health Insurance of up to 7 lacs for self, spouse, 4 dependent children and parents. 100% of the premium is paid by Vendavo and it covers the employee ,spouse , children and their parents.
- Provident fund contributions
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.