Cloud Security Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to play a critical role in ensuring information security of our SaaS product offerings. This role will be the primary subject matter expert on cloud security matters, participating on design and implementation of cloud security best practices and set up and monitoring of security tools and technologies that protect our SaaS products. An ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, open minded security professional with general knowledge of cloud security and experienced in security design or penetration testing in AWS or Azure, who is willing to work on a variety of technologies across both these public cloud environments, and to learn on the go.
As a member of our security team, reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, you will be working closely with the Cloud Operations, Engineering, Services, and other stakeholders across the company to deliver adequate level of information security by aiding in the evaluation of security components, security solutions, and services with a focus on public cloud.
- Aids in the evaluation of existing technical solutions and risk areas of Vendavo and Vendavo customers.
- Responsible for the execution of routine security assessments (including ad hoc scans and penetration tests), system reviews and setup of monitoring of cloud (AWS and Azure) infrastructure security.
- Provides technical expertise regarding security risks and risk mitigation practices.
- Participates in deployment and setup of security solutions, including WAFs, IDS, encryption systems, as well as cloud security monitoring tools (CSPM, vulnerability scanners,…).
- Participates in design and execution of security incident response program.
- Participates in internal security audits and assessments, assists compliance department with gathering evidence for external audits and compliance checks.
- Customer facing role engaging with customer security teams on the technical security level when required.
THE SKILL SET
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a cybersecurity, focusing on cloud security or penetration testing.
- Technical knowledge of Linux and Windows OS, advanced understanding of networking and systems security concepts and practices.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure security tools and capabilities is preferred.
- Certified Ethical Hacker, AWS Certified Security Specialist, Microsoft Azure Security Associate or similar certification is welcome.
- Able to lead discussion across departments and levels, open to different and new ways of doing things and changing situations, eager to dive into problems and learn new things on the go.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Working within a team of friendly, skilled people where help is always within reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company-sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks, and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 4 additional company days off to recharge your batteries (1 day each quarter) + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal contributions
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague, Hradec Kralove, and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac) and smartphone (Samsung S or iPhone), including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.