Services Engineering Manager
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Vendavo is looking for a Services Engineering Manager. This position is a great fit for someone who has experience managing a development team in a Services organization – you have as much experience with Development frameworks as you do with Customer facing delivery. You’ll be joining the team at a time when we are moving through a transformation, and you’ll be an important part of steering the team through this transition. You are comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced organization and experience delivering a quality product to customers.
As a Services Engineering Manager, you’re responsible for growing and inspiring engineering teams to contribute outstanding quality work. You will work cross-functionally with the Services Delivery organization, Customer Operations, and Product Engineering to ensure our customers receive a high-quality solution that helps them optimize revenue and increase their annual incremental profit.
- Manage a global team of developers and QA engineers who implement, maintain, and support our suite of products.
- Prioritize and assign work (user stories, enhancement requests, bug/fix tickets) to the team to meet client SLAs and project deadlines.
- Manage a cadence that of communication that ensures effective operation and delivery of the team: work assignments, identify and address risks or issues, roadblocks, forecasting future resource needs, and status to stakeholders.
- Ensure work delivered meets quality standards.
- Identify and help remove impediments to enable the success of the teams
- Work with key stakeholders to identify risks or issues, provide appropriate solutions, and escalate when necessary
- Establish cross-functional relationships that allow you to work collaboratively to solve complex technical problems
- Report on team capacity planning, backlog, velocity, burndown, and quality
- Experiment with new practices and frameworks to improve team outcomes.
- Meet with direct reports regularly to ensure they are meeting their goals and happy with their career growth
THE SKILL SET
- 4 years management experience in a cross-functional software development team using agile methodologies
- Experience leading a shift toward automation and standardized engineering and/or agile methodology
- Experience with resource management including capacity planning
- Experience working in geographically distributed environments
- Strong technical background in either development
- Experience working in a customer facing development organizations
- Strong Change Management skills
- Strong Communication skills
- English Language proficiency
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced organization
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Working within a team of friendly, skilled people where help is always within reach
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Use of modern tools and access to experts
- Team spirit in the workplace, with weekend retreats and fun team activities
- Opportunities to learn a new field and get a deep understanding of enterprise tech
- Flexible working hours without micromanagement
- Personal freedom and focus on individual responsibility
- Company-sponsored events for employees, volunteer tech talks, and tournaments
- Weekly English classes, international travel opportunities
- 25 days of paid vacation + 4 additional company days off to recharge your batteries (1 day each quarter) + 2 days paid for charity activities
- Monthly benefits allowance, meal contributions
- MultiSport card available
- Modern cozy offices in Prague, Hradec Kralove, and Ostrava, no large open-space floors or cubicles, rec room with games and books
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac) and smartphone (Samsung S or iPhone), including personal use
- Option to use discounted unlimited mobile plan for family members
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.