Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Vendavo is seeking an experienced and results-focused Director, Engineering to lead all software development operations in India for a key product in the portfolio that is poised for strong growth over the next several years.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this person will work closely with stakeholders across the business and partner with other global technology teams spanning the US and EMEA regions. This role will be responsible for leading software development teams in India, driving the scale and efficiency of operations, and promoting the company brand to attract and retain qualified talent.
This is an excellent opportunity to take part in building a world-class software engineering team, as well as working with some of the best and brightest people while also developing leadership and technology skills at one of the most innovative and progressive B2B commercial excellence SaaS companies.
- Lead a cross-functional engineering team in the ongoing development of the cloud-based product, Rebate & Channel Manager.
- Work with key stakeholders to define compelling product and strategic technology plans with an eye towards incremental development and delivery.
- Drive team and individual accountability by setting clear objectives with measurable results.
- Align people, capacity, and dependencies to deliver on priorities and objectives.
- Insist on excellence and efficiency in software engineering by embracing a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ensure alignment and productive cooperation with Product, Operations, Support, and Services.
- Promote innovation and knowledge sharing among teams and organizations inside Vendavo.
- Participate in the recruitment, development, and empowerment of top engineering talent.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years leading and managing software development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related computing field required.
- Master’s degree in related computing field preferred.
- Decisive technology leader with a bias towards action.
- Experience developing and delivering modern SaaS products.
- Experience building cloud-native scalable systems on public clouds, such as AWS or Azure.
- Understanding of modern DevOps principles: you build it, you run it should resonate with you.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile principles.
- Ability to connect with people and quickly form relationships.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to develop and deliver shared goals.
- Experience with managing managers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional command of the English language in both writing and speaking.
- Ability to communicate at all roles and levels inside the company.
- Ability to lead a primarily remote team.
- Proven ability to work effectively across geographies.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top engineering talent.
- Fully remote based with the flexibility to work from anywhere in India.
- Professional growth and Development opportunities.
- Working within a team of friendly, skilled people where help is always within reach
- Flexible working hours
- 4 recharge days, where the entire company goes on a brief pause in all geographies for 1 day each quarter. This day can be spent in whatever way helps you recharge, to regain energy, and dive back into the next workday
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac)
- Competitive pay and bonus
- 12 vacation days in a year in addition to 12 days sick and 3 days casual leave.
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time off per year
- Wedding gift and new baby born gift allowance for employees.
- 26 weeks of paid maternity leaves and one week of paid paternity leave.
- Health Insurance of up to 7 lacs for self, spouse, 4 dependent children and parents. 100% of the premium is paid by Vendavo and it covers the employee ,spouse , children and their parents.
- Provident fund contributions
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.