DevOps Database Administrator
Software Engineering, IT
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
As Vendavo expands, we are looking for a highly skilled DevOps Database Administrator who will take ownership of existing SQL Servers and new installations. This position offers opportunities to automate and improve both infrastructure and processes.
- Deploy and maintain a pool of SQL Server installation in Azure (both VM installations, Azure-SQL)
- Cover backup and recovery
- Apply upgrades and patches
- Install and maintain HA/DR
- Deliver expertise in areas like sizing, tuning, and architectural guidelines.
- Communication with Microsoft support in case of SQL Server bugs and issues
THE SKILL SET
- Skills covering all responsibilities of Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems using Database and OS-specific tools
- Experience in Database Installs/Clustering, Upgrades, Patching, Security, and Monitoring.
- Depth, knowledge of Database backup and recovery
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and experience of Microsoft SQL
- Proficient in Scripting in any language
- Solid understanding of Database design “best practice”
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take vacation during the year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 4 recharge days, where the entire company goes on a brief pause in all geographies for 1 day each quarter. This day can be spent in whatever way helps you recharge, to regain energy, and dive back into the next workday
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- $110 a month to cover your cell phone and internet expenses
- High-end laptop (Dell XPS or Mac)
- Competitive pay and bonus/commission
- Comprehensive health, detail, vision, and mental benefit options (PPO, FSA, HSA)
- 401k plan with a 3% employer non-election contribution
The national minimum salary is $90,000 a year + bonus and benefits. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location.
THE VENDAVO STORY
Vendavo partners with the world’s leading companies to accelerate growth and profitability, advance innovation, and build more prosperous communities. Our powerful, cloud-based, AI-powered pricing, selling, and prescribing solutions empower global manufacturers and distributors like Ford, Avnet, and Medtronic to manage, optimize, and digitize their end-to-end commercial processes. But we offer so much more than software. Our proven, repeatable process, and passionate, experienced people accelerate value and drive profitable, unrivaled business outcomes for our customers. We are passionate about helping our customers deliver the right products, at the right prices, at the right time, for the right people.
OUR SAAS PRODUCTS
Our B2B pricing and selling solutions include Vendavo Intelligent CPQ, Margin Bridge Analyzer, Profit Analyzer, Business Risk and Sales Alerts, Vendavo Sales Optimizer, Deal Price Optimizer, Vendavo Pricepoint, and Rebate & Channel Manager. You can learn more about our products here.
We are backed by two of the top high-tech private equity firms in the world, have excellent financial health, and boast the top SaaS retention in our space.
OUR CULTURE & YOU
We collaborate with our customers unlike any others in our industry. Anchored in our values (Honor Our Commitments, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom, and Celebration of Community), we are growing, constantly innovating, and consistently driving sustainable outcomes for our clients and partners.
Unlocking opportunities for our customers would not be possible without our employees. When you are part of Vendavo, you’re part of a company that’s committed to your growth and invested in your career. Diversity, inclusion, and celebration of community are at our core, and we come together to learn from each other and honor our commitments.
OUR TEAM IS GROWING. YOU WILL TOO.