Sr. Director, Learning & Development
ABOUT THIS POSITIONWaystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
The Director of Learning & Organizational Development is a critical member of the Waystar People team, having the responsibility for leading the learning direction by deploying learning and development capabilities and initiatives that enable and support our team members and leaders to help achieve organization success. Under the direction of the CPO and working closely with the People Team Leadership Team, the People Team and other key leaders in the business, this individual will provide leadership in the areas of leadership development, change management, culture integration, and team member development. Must have a vision for adult contemporary learning that supports a culture of continuous growth, development, and curiosity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design learning and development activities to meet company needs by utilizing a variety of methods, tools and platforms, including e-learning, tutorial sessions, workshops, etc.
- Implement, manage, and leverage organization learning management and experience platforms
- As requested, conduct learning needs analysis at functional level to proactively identify learning gaps and deploy solutions for learning needs
- Oversee learning governance, including establishing rhythm and procedures for content refresh, content purge, and regular review of content accuracy
- Maintain strong relationships with functional leaders and business subject matter experts, ensuring strong collaboration for rapid design
- Act as business process owner for learning platforms, governance, reporting and technology challenges
- Partner with Learning Engagement (delivery) to ensure learning materials provide optimal learning experiences for learning facilitator, producer, and learner
- Provide continuous education to instructional design team with industry trends.
- Lead the design via human centered design concepts, development and delivery of Learning & Development Programs that support both a diversity of team members and leaders learning styles
- Implement and manage a progressive leadership development program that will provide continuous growth opportunities to leaders from a new leader to a senior leader
- Support our comprehensive Waystar Welcome new hire onboarding program
- Partner with the People Leadership Team to provide talent-driven learning solutions that develop capabilities to fill existing talent and performance gaps
- Measure and evaluate development programs to understand the effectiveness and impact on the learning and provide recommendations for change
- Lead the management of the company’s learning management system
- Build and lead a team of high performing Learning and Development professionals
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of broad HR or L&D experience, with 5+ years managing a Learning & Development team and function
- HR or L&D certification a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Verifiable Leadership Development, L&D, training needs analysis, training evaluation or consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence key stakeholders, People team and leaders in a decentralized learning environment
- Thorough understanding of adult learning theory, learning technologies and instructional design methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of program design and implementation of learning initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.