ABOUT THIS POSITIONRight now, we are looking for an outstanding, brilliant, and driven Delivery Manager (DM) to own responsibility for the overall planning and management of Technology projects. In this role, the Delivery Manager will validate the project objectives and plans with Product, Operations, & Application Engineering, coordinate the delivery of development and production releases, and ensure that the Quality Assurance standards are met. The DM will create and maintain project plans to ensure the timely completion of tasks, major project milestones, and resource allocation. This team member will be required to communicate with stakeholders to ensure that all parties understand the current development priorities and will report progress to the Director, Delivery Management for each of the functional units.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & values to drive the delivery of Application Engineering efforts
- Guides the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Removes impediments or guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right team member to remove the impediment
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, all while emphasizing healing and problem-solving
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitates discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and dispersing information to stakeholders in all stages of development
- Supports and educates teams on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Prepares regular status reports and distributes internally and externally if needed
- Provides all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leads by example
- Works with Operations’ resources to track all defects and ensure that the appropriate SLAs are met
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Experience as a Project Manager, leading Technology projects covering multiple functional units
- Software development experience or a strong understanding of development
- Must be an analytical yet strategic thinker
- Outstanding presentation abilities and the ability to communicate at all levels of the Business
- Proven leadership experience
- Good skills and knowledge of relationship-focused leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Must be able and willing to travel on a periodic basis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Engineering + Product Development team at Waystar leads the product and software development, digital transformation, and data security efforts across the company. As a leader in healthcare technology, the department creates and manages cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions to help solve the industry’s financial and administrative challenges — enabling them to better focus on their patients and communities. The department offers a variety of positions. Roles include application engineers (.Net, PHP, Java), data science and analytics developers, product managers, project managers, architecture engineers, cloud and DevOps engineers, database administration, UX/UI, security, compliance, and management level roles. We make possible in Healthcare IT what was previously viewed as technically impossible.
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.