Corporate Systems Engineer
ABOUT THIS POSITIONThe Specialist Corporate Systems Engineer will work with new and emerging technologies encompassing network and virtualization. This will include wireless and wired networks, virtual switching, virtualization, and storage & emerging technologies, etc. This role will be responsible for working with the Manager to design, develop, configure, and document existing, as well as new, technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Designs, implements, and supports network routers/switches, voice, desktop and mobility management, server virtualization, and the cloud services infrastructure
- Defines the team’s and corporate’s technology standards, in consultation with team members, stakeholders, and Technology and Business leadership
- Plans and designs procedures and checklists for system maintenance and other recurring tasks
- Serves as final escalation point and Subject Matter Expert for issues and incidents escalated to the team by Technical Services
- Identifies trends in support issues and system failures, and proposes solutions to the team
- Independently leads large, complex projects that often affect multiple customers, departments, and dependent technologies
- Participates in the team’s weekly 24x7 on-call rotation
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Subject matter expertise in at least one major technology
- Proficiency in three or more major technical platforms
- Ability to serve as go-to resource for the team's most technical issues
- Ability to initiate and lead large, cross-functional projects with minimal assistance
- 4+ years’ experience
- Minimum 2 years required working with networking or virtual networking
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.