Sr. Specialist Application Engineer
ABOUT THIS POSITIONThe success of our team members is paramount to ensuring Waystar’s lasting impact in the healthcare payments industry. That’s why we are so passionate about helping each and every one of you reach your professional goals. As an innovative tech company that serves people, our culture and team members are a critical competitive advantage to achieve success. You make the difference.
The Synth team is responsible for synthesizing data feeds from Hospital Systems to manage patient account balances, generate statements, and send outbound patient communications. They are also responsible for building tools for operational management and ETL (export-transform-load) APIs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The Specialist Application Engineer will join a team of Application Engineers to create, enhance, and support multiple data pipelines responsible for patient's statement generation and bill communications
- Design, develop, and enhance applications that enable self-service for our business partners
- Modernize legacy platforms by providing scalable and maintainable solutions for the needs of tomorrow
- Mentor and lead junior Application Engineers and promote a culture of knowledge transfer
- Lead by example to facilitate a culture of teamwork, success, and customer-centric focus
- Embrace an agile development process that emphasizes test automation, code reviews, and fast release cycles
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience with statically typed / compiled languages (c#, java, c, go)
- 5+ years of experience with Relational Databases (sql server, mysql, postgres)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies (aws, gcloud, azure)
- 2+ years of experience as a Sr/Lead Engineer
- Experience with Version Control (git)
- Experience with Unit and Integration Testing Methodologies
- Experience building highly-scalable software solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with database development using SQL (postgres)
- Experience with flat file data processing (parsing, validation, normalization)
- Experience with cloud-based data tools (Airflow, Athena/S3, Glue, etc)
- Experience with data analytics tools (Quicksight, Snowflake, PowerBI)
- Experience with ETL / ELT solutions and software (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, DataStage)
- Experience with large volumes of data in a data warehouse, data mart, and/or data lake
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & welcome change
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work both in team and solo environments
- Demonstrates Leadership
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.