VP, Corporate Communications
ABOUT THIS POSITIONThe Vice President of Corporate Communications is responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining an external and internal communication strategy. As a critical component of their success, the Vice President of Corporate Communications is responsible for increasing brand awareness, market perception and credibility. This leader will develop effective public and media relation approaches and ensure consistent messaging across all platforms. In addition, they will create frameworks, processes and programs to optimize internal communication strategies to ensure team member engagement. The selected leader will work closely with the marketing leadership team and be accountable for the performance of the external agencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Connect business goals to an actionable external and internal corporate communications strategy and plan: design, build, launch, learn and evolve
- Design and execute the corporate narrative to ensure consistent messaging and positioning with external and internal audiences
- Lead end-to-end brand awareness initiatives, earned and paid media, to increase recognition and credibility across all market segments and target personas: brand campaigns, awards, industry research papers and national thought leadership content
- Manage external partners and firm(s) by owning the development of compelling insights, pitch angles, and setting clear goals that align with company objectives and needs
- Develop and own relationships with the press to leverage key influencers and expand Waystar’s reach
- Elevate the voice of executive team members through media interviews, speaking opportunities, and social media outreach
- Partner with the leadership team on developing internal communication strategies to provide consistent, important information: company-wide playbook and departmental programs
- Lead the strategy and overall execution of company-wide Town Halls
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role either, in-house or with an agency
- Proven experience leading earned and paid media strategies that deliver results
- Deep understanding of healthcare with in-house provider or Health IT vendor experience (health systems, hospitals, ambulatory settings of care)
- Extraordinary writing and storytelling with demonstrated experience harmonizing messages and distilling complex technical concepts into simple communications
- Proven track record developing and executing successful corporate communication strategies, content and corporate brand campaigns
- Experience applying data to measure results, test, learn, iterate and inform strategic decision making
- Passion for building programs from the ground up to drive results
- Ability to demonstrate company values consistently
- Appetite to handle multiple projects at once in an energizing, fast-paced environment
- Strong cross-functional collaborator seeking to learn from team members
This role is located in Atlanta, GA; Salt Lake City, UT; Louisville, KY
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.