ABOUT THIS POSITIONAs part of the Payment Operations Team, this role is critical for ensuring high-quality processing related to check payments for healthcare clients nationwide. In this role, you will be responsible for working daily check and correspondence exceptions, identifying and correcting lockbox processing errors, and responding to customer inquiries related to check processing. We are thrilled to invest in a quality-focused, results, and detail-oriented Support Analyst to join our rapidly growing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
What You’ll Do
Exception Processing Support
- Tier 1 support for all lockbox processing exceptions and completing all work queues by required daily SLAs
- Act as communication liaison between Waystar and lockbox key operating stakeholders
- Research, review, and associate patient checks and other scanned items (exception payments, correspondence) to ensure they are applied to the correct patient accounts
- Manage suspended and rejected processing exception payments
- Identify patterns and resolve processing errors related to mis associations, encoding errors, and non-conforming images
- Communicate and resolve escalated matters with upstream vendor(s)
- Investigate and respond to customer inquiries regarding lockbox processing
- Maintain a high throughput and payment association accuracy to meet established Service Level Agreements
- Respond to upstream vendors requesting evidence for NACHA adherence related to echeck processing
- Maintain workflow knowledge base articles as needed
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting of daily volumes from internal and external tools
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or corresponding 1-3 years’ experience in payment operations or customer support
- Attention to detail and research skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Adept at solving problems with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent service skills – the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive, resourceful
- Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a team environment
- Demonstrates analytical skills with the ability to recognize onsetting trends and downstream effects
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up on customer issues as we as document for further escalation
- Ability to communication clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing
- Strong work ethic
- High-level of enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Self-motivated, ability to work with little or no oversight while possessing a solution seeking attitude
- Accepts responsibility for actions and understands the concept of ownership
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic & fun.
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.