Commercial Intelligence Developer
ABOUT THIS POSITIONWaystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
We’re looking for an ambitious Commercial Intelligence Developer to help us automate data processes. We require someone who is experienced in database structure, design, and process automation. This position is ideal for someone who has a passion for taking data and turning it into actionable that inform business decisions and support strategic initiatives driving the organization’s aggressive growth strategy. From day one, you will be the subject matter expert in Power BI and data design best practices. The ideal candidate will have a background or degree in analytics or data science, be experienced in collecting, transforming, and showcasing data, and works well with others.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Looking for some details?
- Create easily digestible dashboards analyses from complex data sources that will inform strategic decisions and help predict future gaps/disruptions
- Ability to write and test database code, including SQL (Structured Query Language) queries, procedures, and functions
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement by analyzing trends, results, and areas for salesforce data, and other sources
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of automated dashboards and reports for the Commercial Organization.
- Recommend revisions to existing reports and assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Help develop user-facing and standard operating process documentation for business processes
- Collaborate across other functional areas on building simple and effective outputs
- Combine, transform, and normalize data to provide key insights to Commercial Leadership and Waystar as a whole
- Be comfortable with dashboard design and be able to provide recommendations based on design best practices and Organizational needs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- You live our values with a positive attitude and respect for others
- 2-5 years of experience working in sales operations, FP&A, or other data-related fields, and have advanced analytical skills and ability to distill complex analyses for management
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, data science, or related field
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working cross-functionally, want to leave a stamp on the organization, and are the type of person who gets things done
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) tools, specifically Salesforce
- Demonstrated proficiency in Power BI and Excel for data manipulation, complex modeling, and dashboard design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in DAX, Power Query, and the ETL process
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and execute many concurrent tasks
- Capable of managing multiple work streams and projects simultaneously, on time, and on budget
- Master’s degree in analytics, data science or a related field
- 3-5+ years of experience with advanced analytics tools such as Power BI delivering to a Sales or Sales Operations organization
- You have experience in a healthcare or tech / software organization
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic & fun.
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.