ABOUT THIS POSITIONWaystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
The Security Analyst/Vulnerability Manger contributes to our Security team by participating in the vulnerability scanning/patch testing processes and incident response activities. Specifically, this position will be responsible for managing the Qualys engine and other vulnerability management tools, ensuring systems are being scanned, producing a quality output including dashboards, working with patching/remediation teams to identify false positives and correct patching/mitigation activities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Looking for some details?
- Operates the Qualys engine and other vulnerability management tools, ensuring daily scans and connectivity to scanned systems
- Responds to 3rd party/external security researcher vulnerability reports
- Reports vulnerability management compliance and metrics
- Pulls on-call activity for the incident response process
- Participates in the investigation and response to Security systems output
- Performs daily reviews of Security device logs, and initiates response processes when appropriate
- Other duties as required
Do you fit our team?
- Has a basic knowledge of information systems and their administration (Windows, Linux, VMWare)
- Experience in system patch and/or vulnerability management
- Has a basic knowledge of network architecture principles and practices
- An organized, responsive, and very thorough problem solver
- Possesses strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Be willing to collaborate with other teams in a positive manner
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least one year of related IT or Security work experience is preferred
- A basic knowledge of Security tools, such as vulnerability scanners, application scanners, SIEM, FIM, IDS/IPS, & AV, etc. is preferred
- Experience in system patching and/or vulnerability management is preferred
- Experience working in an environment with audit and regulatory compliance requirements is preferred
- Experience working as part of an Incident Response team is preferred
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic & fun.
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.