Sr. Strategic Business Partner
ABOUT THIS POSITIONThe Strategic Business Partner serves as a consultative business partner to assigned business clients. The Strategic Business Partner is fully dedicated to internal client needs while they help to develop and implement better talent management practices. This position will be responsible for utilizing HR knowledge and experience to assess human capital needs, considering business objectives, and to deliver effective talent solutions. The Strategic Business Partner is an experienced HR professional who has broad experience in various areas of HR expertise. They perform a high level and wide range of HR tasks and projects in such functional areas as employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, talent management, EEO/AAP, and training & development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with functional Vice Presidents to design, develop and help execute talent plans related to leader and team member development, engagement, retention as well as work-force planning
- Foster and maintain strong internal relationships throughout their assigned client groups and be a sought after thought partner to leaders.
- Delivers thought leadership to enhance organizational design, team effectiveness to increase productivity and team member engagement to support retention
- Analyze talent trends and metrics to proactively develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Provides management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve team member issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed
- Leads and contributes to the strategic direction and formulation of corporate-wide people initiatives such as communication strategies, cultural programs, policies, procedures, technology platforms
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team on workforce plan management
- Partners with the Learning and Development team to develop, facilitate and deliver training
- Partner with Total Rewards team to provides compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job re-leveling
- Drives and facilitates effective performance management practices and engagement survey execution and action planning to create and maintain a high-performance culture that improves organizational capability and engagement
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and HR certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience required. Preferably in the software industry.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, HR legal issues and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence all levels of leaders
- Project Management and change management skills a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on employment-related matters
- Superb ability to build effective working relationships with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance the needs of both leaders and team members
- Ability to deliver effective small and large group presentations
- Superb ability to exercise appropriate discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters and information is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
This role is located in SLC, Louisville, Mid-town Atlanta or Duluth.
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar’s healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic & fun.
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.