Senior Product Manager, SEO + Growth
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
This person will help millions of people access health care by increasing the number of people that discover Zocdoc. This role will increase traffic to the website by working with cross-functional team members to improve the SEO of our existing pages and discovering new search keywords and digital pathways for patients to discover Zocdoc that don’t even exist today.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A complete nerd when it comes to the inner workings and mysteries of search engines and their algorithms
- Adept at collaborating with analytics and SEO experts to identify opportunities to improve our website rankings on search engines and translating them into new features and products
- Excited to think outside the box about new search keywords, landing pages, and other channels to help patients discover Zocdoc
- A ruthless prioritizer with an analytical mindset
- A master stakeholder manager who can own the life cycle of a project from conception to execution and deliver projects on time
- Excited about wearing multiple hats: tech (e.g. server performance), marketing (e.g. persuasive page titles to attract clicks), growth hacking (e.g. reverse-engineering search engine algorithms) and user experience (e.g. driving conversions)
Your day to day is…
- Collaborating with analytics and SEO experts to define the key factors that influence our page rankings on search engines
- Launching landing page features and updates that improve our rankings
- Ruthlessly monitoring rankings and the impact launches have on rankings
- Writing PRDs for prioritized roadmap opportunities and being the go-to product person for execution of opportunities
- Drafting quarterly and annual vision, strategy and OKR documents
- Ensuring the team is achieving the desired outcomes for SEO traffic and landing page conversion
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4-6 years of experience in Product Management, with at least half of that in SEO
- Experience identifying, sizing, and prioritizing opportunities,
- Experience defining requirements for solutions
- Experience writing quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Experience running A/B tests and analyzing data to make launch decisions
- Strong project management skills for cross-functional initiatives involving Engineering, Design, User Research, Product Marketing, Sales, Product Operations, and more
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of SQL, or scripting languages like Python a plus.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice