Senior Software Engineer- Auth/Patient Identity
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll play a meaningful role in making sure that the patient experience continues to evolve, by iterating on and maintaining the key systems that the patient first interacts with on Zocdoc.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about ensuring complex systems never skip a beat
- Pragmatic in your decision making day-to-day
- Motivated to learn new technologies, design patterns, and work in the cloud
- Excited to work in a highly collaborative environment with diverse individuals
- Autonomous, individually accountable, and comfortable working in a remote environment
- A believer that diverse and inclusive teams and cultures are non-negotiable
Your day to day is…
- Shipping efficient and scalable code to millions of users autonomously
- Building and fostering relationships with many of our internal stakeholder teams.
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers. You will partner with the product and design teams to develop product improvements
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing yourself
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
- 6+ years experience in software development and system design
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout and styling
- Experience implementing and maintaining microservices in AWS is a huge plus but not required
- Experience with building user interfaces using React is a huge plus but not required
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems, Authentication, Authorization is a huge plus but not required.
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment.
- The mentality of an entrepreneur/owner and a strong bias to action.
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- AWS experience
- US overlap. So working until 12pm ET
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work independently and is able to unblock themselves
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace.
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Sabbatical leave (over 5 years)
- Annual sponsored health check ups
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice