Senior Associate, Commercial Operations & Strategy
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your impact on our mission:
Zocdoc’s mission is to bring power to the patients. We are the leading digital healthcare marketplace in the nation, and we are looking to add an associate to our team to position ourselves for rapid growth and help our mission. In this crucial role, you will provide operational support to our sales teams to drive growth and efficiency. Our team plays a key role in defining Zocdoc’s strategy, but our strength is transforming that strategy into a detailed, action-oriented plan upon which our business can execute.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are...
- An operator, passionate about bridging the gap between strategy and execution
- An analytical thinker that is enthusiastic about working cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Motivated by finding simple, effective solutions to the most complex business problems
- Driven by entrepreneurial settings where creativity and grit are required
Your day-to-day is...
- Defining team and initiative KPIs; building visibility into them and driving insights alongside sales leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Analyzing data to drive decision-making around resource investments, opportunity prioritization, pilot scaling, etc.
- Supporting our sales teams via planning, forecasting, target-setting, incentive plan design and execution, policy design and implementation, process optimization, etc.
- Problem-solving with individuals at all levels (including executives) across a broad range of departments (e.g., Sales, Finance, Product, Business Operations, BI, Data Science, etc.)
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 3+ years of work experience in roles with both analytical and operational responsibilities such as business/revenue/sales operations, program management, consulting, private equity, venture capital, or investment banking
- Examples of relevant activities include (but are not limited to): Market sizing and segmentation, sales funnel metric insights, forecasting, lead generation & prioritization, compensation design, resource planning
- Experience defining business requirements for new processes or tools
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and be resourceful to solve ambiguous challenges
- A well-equipped influencing toolkit that is effective across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Resourcefulness, nimbleness, and the ability to stay positive under pressure
- Comfort with taking initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Proficiency in Excel (required); an aptitude for mastering new systems and tools related to data organization
- Experience or proficiency in SQL, Redshift, Tableau, Lookr, Salesforce highly preferred
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice