Strategic Finance Associate
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your impact on our mission:
As a Finance & Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for partnering with sales, marketing, and product teams to analyze and forecast key drivers of Zocdoc’s financial performance. We are looking for someone who is an analytical problem solver and can effectively communicate financial results and forecasts. You will interface directly with department leaders and corporate executive management.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Enjoy using technology to generate and analyze data strategically
- Are collaborative, and enjoy building relationships at all levels of an organization
- Are action oriented; you like tackling new challenges
- Are flexible, and comfortable with the uncertainty of change
Your day to day is…
- Partnering with sales, marketing, and product teams to connect the impact of key initiatives on our customer acquisition strategies and revenue forecast
- Working alongside business unit leaders to analyze investment decisions
- Sensitizing key forecast inputs to facilitate scenario planning
- Supporting target setting to tie team targets to financial performance
- Socializing our forecast with key stakeholders and executive teams
You’ll be successful in this role if you have….
- 2-4 years of work experience in analytical roles, such as banking, private equity, venture capital, consulting, or corporate finance
- Strong financial modeling
- A strong business acumen and interpersonal / business partnering skills
- Mastered Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- SQL experience (a plus!)
- Solid experience with communicating financial matters to non-Finance personnel
- A strong academic record
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice