Enterprise Sales Associate
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your impact on our mission
The Enterprise Sales Associate will be responsible for owning the top of the funnel for standard and complex accounts for the new business function of the enterprise team. This will entail researching prospects, identifying key contacts, and managing a multi-level gaining access process to consistently generate new selling opportunities with large group practices. While the primary responsibility of the role will be full ownership of the early stage process and sales support, the most qualified candidate will also possess high ability to learn new things, a propensity to leverage resources, and the communication substructure necessary to grow into a complex selling role. This will require a strong business acumen and a persuasive ability to fluidly discuss the economics of the variable business model and its impact on the client’s business.
You'll enjoy this role if you
- Are highly professional in your communication style. You earn and instill trust, encouraging prospects to share business goals, strategies, deficiencies and priorities
- Passionate about learning about large healthcare providers so you can creatively and collaboratively present Zocdoc as a solution to their unique challenges
- Are committed to long term self-improvement through coaching and feedback
- Have an interest in the Healthcare or Consumer Technology
- Are motivated by clear metrics and targets
Your day to day is
- Owning top of the funnel to scalably and repeatedly create new selling opportunities with mid-market groups
- Leveraging range of capabilities to consistently gain access to key target contacts at enterprise groups
- Managing gaining access process with extreme bias toward process and repeatability; appropriately departing from prescribed process when justified by unique prospect conditions
- Translating strengths from the outbound process to the more complex setting of large group practices
- Overcoming commercial objections while retaining rapport and consultative relationship with contact
- Offering sales support for enterprise sellers
- Facilitating strong meetings and thoroughly documenting valuable information that can be used in the sales process
- Proactively and consistently learning about the enterprise sales process and customer segment
You'll be successful in this role if you have
- At least 1 year of experience in sales and/or healthcare
- A proven track record of successfully executing consultative sales efforts
- Demonstrated orientation toward priorities and goals of team, project, and company over self
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally facing
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice