Senior UX Researcher
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is a leading healthcare technology company that is revolutionizing the way patients and providers connect. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior User Researcher to join our passionate and innovative team. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of healthcare experiences by planning and conducting impactful research.
In this critical role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, engineers, and product managers, to drive the synthesis of insights and lead relevant workshops. By leveraging your expertise, you will uncover unexpected and significant insights that will transform our teams' understanding of healthcare, ultimately influencing the development of products and services that address vital and unmet needs.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- You are driven by the opportunity to improve the healthcare experience and understand the crucial role empathy plays in creating exceptional products and services.
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional environment where different perspectives come together to drive innovation and meaningful change.
- Your ability to distill and communicate insights in a clear and compelling manner allows you to influence stakeholders and drive decision-making processes.
- You are open to feedback and actively seek opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Great with time management and prioritization, managing multiple projects and stakeholders
Your day to day is…
- Research planning and execution as you take ownership of research initiatives, from using a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Define the research method and approach for projects, ensuring alignment with research objectives.
- Influence and evolve design systems or research approaches to enhance the overall user experience.
- Lead and facilitate workshops to engage stakeholders and align cross-functional teams around research outcomes and decisions.
- Motivate and inspire others through compelling storytelling, presenting succinct insights and supporting visuals to drive understanding and action.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and the research lead to ensure research insights are effectively integrated into product development processes.
- Effectively navigate ambiguity and provide clarity to teams by approaching product decisions from a strategic level, balancing business objectives with user needs.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5+ years of experience in UX research
- A diverse portfolio of your work that shows your approach, thought process, and insights
- A capability for thoughtful and patient listening
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- A solid toolkit of qualitative design research methods
- Experience creating UX documents such as user archetypes, journey and experience maps, and mental model diagrams
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice