Senior Mobile Engineer - iOS
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on Our Mission
As a Mobile Engineer focused on iOS, you’ll balance individual contribution and mentorship while working on some of our most exciting and complex projects. Our Mobile Engineering team is responsible for building the mobile infrastructure that helps grow Zocdoc’s reach and drive increased patient conversions. In this role, you’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Personally motivated by building mobile applications that are changing the healthcare experience for patients
- Passionate about mobile technologies and how they are used to reach the consumer
- You genuinely love using mobile technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Enjoy working on a team that functions as one and always strives to make both the team and product better
Your day to day is…
- Making a meaningful impact as you participate in all phases of product development including the design, development, testing and release of patient-facing features
- Shipping production code using Swift that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocrs alike
- Building and fostering relationships with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Meaningful (5+ years) experience in iOS development experience (Swift expertise is preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about the performance, scalability, and reliability of software
- A fundamental understanding and experience with backend API services (REST API and GQL)
- A Computer Science or related degree is preferred, but not required
- Experience working on production mobile apps in a team environment
- Experience writing testable code and unit tests
- Bonus Point: Prior experience in iOS app design systems
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn Learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace.
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Sabbatical leave (over 5 years)
- Annual sponsored health check-ups
- Zocdoc is certified as a great place to work in 2023-2024
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice