B2C Acquisition Marketing Coordinator
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment’s B2C Acquisition Marketing team is responsible for introducing prospective customers to the financial products that make their lives better. Guided by our passion for this mission, we get excited about working together -- across marketing channels -- on new, innovative ways to do so.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who has developed deep expertise in a single digital channel and is interested in expanding their knowledge base and skill set. Immediate responsibilities will include executing paid social buys, managing our search/programmatic agency and running mobile search campaigns. Additional channel management responsibilities will be added based on the candidate’s interests and skill set.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $65,000 - $75,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, life and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, EAP, commuter and parking benefits, FSA/HSA, and 401(k)with employer match as well as a flexible PTO policy.
A day in the life
- Develop and lead budget allocation and plan recommendations for paid social and search channels
- Lead relationship with the Paid Search/Programmatic agency
- Work with cross-functional partners (specifically the creative and compliance teams) to ensure that creative delivers on the goals set out in the brief and meets all compliance guidelines
- Assist in launching campaigns across display partners
- Manage and maintain a record of paid media assets for internal compliance audits
- Establish a “Test and Learn” agenda and implement key learnings
- Explore new partners and opportunities across all paid marketing channels
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience managing paid social or programmatic buys for a data driven, high growth brand
- Collaborative team player who excels at building relationships, and has a desire to learn new channels
- Experience developing, negotiating and executing paid media buys across platforms
- Robust understanding of quantitative concepts around driving and measuring ROI
- Keen business sense and an ability to critically assess all facets of a media plan
- Passion for disrupting an industry and being part of a team directly responsible for growing the customer base
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Performance marketing experience a plus
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.