External Communications Lead, Boomi EMEA
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
Senior Advisor, External Communications, Boomi EMEA
The External Communications Senior Advisor for the Boomi EMEA region will have detailed knowledge of the technology sector, specifically the B2B SaaS space, and be able to craft and inform both technology-specific narratives and thought leadership stories to appeal to a broad set of tech, trade, and business media throughout the region. This individual will closely collaborate with the various Boomi PR agencies across EMEA. As the EMEA external communications lead, this person will assist with informing and advising on regional campaigns, and will also assist with creating and/or reviewing regional executive byline content, coordinating media interviews, securing and coordinating external speaking opportunities, drafting and/or reviewing award submissions, developing and executing on global campaigns, and reporting on global coverage.
This individual will report into Corporate Communications and partner with regional and global leadership teams to deliver planned and ad hoc communications that support the business in-region. This person must be highly collaborative, have experience working cross-functionally and in a global organization; possess excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills, exhibit a high corporate IQ and EQ, and be comfortable working with both mid-level and top-level leadership executives.
Self-motivation, proactivity, strong organizational skills, positive team-oriented attitude, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has comfort working through change, and a love of technology and the PR craft are all important attributes.
- Develop and implement regional communications strategies aligned to Global Corporate Communications goals.
- Help shape the perception of the company in-region and protect and enhance the company's reputation, brand, and valuation.
- Develop and sustain relationships with agencies of record and other external stakeholders globally to develop and execute media outreach strategies.
- Successfully articulate and build awareness in-region of the company's brand and portfolio of offerings.
- Address and respond to major reputational threats that impact the company; partner closely with Global Corporate Communications, Legal, Investor Relations, and other stakeholders to ensure effective crisis management.
- Ensure integration and consistency of regional communications, aligned to Global Corporate Communications goals and messaging, to a variety of stakeholders, including customers, team members, the media, and key influencers.
- Shape and communicate key messages that effectively convey the company’s purpose and values, business strategy, and the value of its people and portfolio in-region.
- Develop and/or edit all in-region press releases, and manage review and approval cycles with the Global Corporate Communications team.
- Support in-region communications and branding efforts while organizing media interviews and conducting press calls.
- Produce region-specific content on behalf of Boomi and in support of the regional marketing team.
- Coordinate media engagements and prepare external communications for senior executives.
- Inform, engage, and build relationships with external stakeholders, including news media.
- Help develop and complete a variety of external and internal writing assignments, including thought leadership editorial bylines, blogs, press releases, social media messages, talking points, fact sheets, Q&A documents, keynote presentations and more.
- Craft compelling narratives aligned to executive platforms and the Global Corporate Communications goals.
- Identify, secure, and support external speaking opportunities for senior leaders that align with the company’s business objectives.
- Help build, maintain, develop, and inform awards calendar and submissions in partnership with in-region PR agencies.
- The ideal candidate can work independently, is experienced, has high-energy, meets deadlines, and understands how to achieve measurable results.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in communications and public relations, including significant experience in both external communications/media relations and thought leadership communication
- Experience pitching, securing, and managing media stories, developing and executing creative and strategic press campaigns, and coordinating events
- Experience working closely with executive leaders to develop effective communications for external audiences
- Understanding of both traditional and digital media sectors and the technologies and business models underpinning them
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage full lifecycle of multiple and simultaneous communications initiatives, projects, or processes supporting all functions of the business
- Ability to develop and/or guide agency teams on developing compelling thought leadership stories and campaigns
- Experience in media relations and crisis communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute through times of change and uncertainty
- Complete drafts of content or finish projects within deadlines
- Creative and strategic thinker and problem solver
- Passion for raising the bar and going beyond the status quo
- Enjoys collaborating and working as part of a larger, global team
Please include writing samples with your resume.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.