Software Quality Senior Principal Engineer - Integration Runtime - Hybrid
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
How You’ll Make An Impact
The Boomi Runtime engineering team focuses on all aspects of the Boomi execution engine that runs our customers' data integration processes that meet their business requirements. This includes all activities related to the development, quality assurance and maintenance of all the components of the Boomi execution engine, to be able to support the high-scale high-performance requirements of our customers in a large distributed infrastructure.
As a Software Quality Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software based on the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment. You will work with product management, other engineering teams, customer success and support on developing cutting edge new product features and enhancements across various areas of Boomi offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through the software development lifecycle
- Guide and participate in design, development testing, and deployment of Boomi products and services including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- Work independently with a minimal level of guidance from technical leadership
- Gather information to help formulate acceptance criteria, be a user advocate, and be comfortable challenging and discussing the intent of stories to surface edge cases and improve outcomes
- Contribute to manual and automated testing suite to ensure future software stability
- Lead design and development of various kinds of automation frameworks to improve testing coverage of Boomi products
The Experience You Bring
- Experience in web application testing using frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with API / backend testing and automation
- Experience with Java, source control systems, continuous integration tools
- Experience with agile collaboration tools, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Web Services technologies including REST & SOAP
- Ability to learn new tools, languages, and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- 8+ years experience in software quality assurance and testing
- Understanding of Application Integration and/or Data Integration (ETL)
- Experience using Linux/Unix environments
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working in SaaS domain
- Experience leading design and development of large-scale test automation frameworks
US Remote - Greater Philadelphia Area preferred
Aren’t sure if you’re a match? We know that impostor syndrome and the confidence gap can prevent us from meeting spectacular candidates — so don’t hesitate to apply; you could be the perfect fit!
Compensation and Benefits
Boomi is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Base compensation for this position in our corporate headquarters in Chesterbrook, PA begins at $114,662. This position is remote-friendly and, as such, final compensation will be determined by various factors including the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. An overview of our benefits can be found here.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.