Senior Proposal Manager
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
We are seeking a Senior Advisor, Proposal Management to join our team. This role is remote within the continental USA. The Senior Proposal Manager supports the Business Development activities through the management, planning, and execution of the proposal and all proposal deliverables. Responsible for all administrative aspects of proposal development including ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, compliance with solicitation requirements, coordinating internal flow, review of all proposal inputs, and overseeing the final production and submission of the proposal.
What You'll Do
- Provide leadership and management for all aspects of proposal development through the full proposal lifecycle from pre-solicitation to production and submission.
- Manage multiple simultaneous proposal management activities.
- Ability to build methods and processes to scale through 3rd party proposal management tools
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Write and edit proposal content, including the executive summary, problem statement, solution overview, project plan, and pricing information.
- Proofreads and edits copies and drafts to detect errors, punctuation, and syntax.
- Develop RFQ, RFP, and RFI outline templates for each effort.
- Manage Oral Presentation development and team preparation.
- Manage responsibility for compliance reviews.
- Assist in the production of draft and final text and graphics.
- Develop a plan for the Color Review Teams and recovery cycles; and determine resources required.
- Maintain real-time development status of all proposal activities.
- Lead the color review process from scheduling through debriefing, including development and management of the evaluation package and recovery process.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintain proposal support databases.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and Capture Manager to determine proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs by attending strategy meetings
- Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet agency needs.
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with proposal management.
The Experience You Bring
- Minimum 8-12 years of demonstrated Proposal Management experience
- Experience leading and coordinating teams consisting of internal management, technical and non-technical resources, and external partners.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with other proposal functional roles (coordination, writing, production).
- Experience in writing and editing proposal content, including the executive summary, problem statement, solution overview, project plan, and pricing information.
- Experienced in Shipley Methods for proposal development.
- Leadership and management experience in successful collaboration with a team to produce high-quality, compliant, winning proposals in a tight timeframe.
Bonus Points If You Have
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Teams, SharePoint, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative setting.
- Ability to develop solicitation-required templates to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks, oversee, and guide team members.
- Capability to schedule and conduct thorough reviews; and prioritize changes to the proposal to ensure compliance.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong time management skills, including working outside of normal business hours.
- A strong team player attitude, flexible in working extended hours.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations helpful:
- APMP Foundation-level Certification desired
- Shipley Training in Proposal Management, Writing Federal Proposals, or similar training desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven experience in writing, reviewing, desktop publishing, and editing proposals and associated content.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Aren’t sure if you’re a match? We know that impostor syndrome and the confidence gap can prevent us from meeting spectacular candidates — so don’t hesitate to apply; you could be the perfect fit!
Compensation and Benefits
Boomi is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. An overview of our benefits can be found here.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Boomi strives to create an inclusive and accessible environment for candidates and employees. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is strictly for accommodations, please do not send resumes or general inquiries.