As an Engineering Manager at NMI, you'll be more than a leader; you'll be an advocate and a mentor for your teams of Software Engineers. With your deep understanding of software development and industry trends, you'll provide guidance and insight. More importantly, you'll build a nurturing environment that encourages growth and fosters equity. You'll inspire both professional and personal development among team members. Besides focusing on your teams, you'll also contribute to broader organizational goals, collaborating with other leaders to ensure smooth and efficient technical operations. Your role is about making a meaningful difference – to our teams, our products, and our company.
- Understand and support the unique needs of your teams, considering their individual skills, ambitions, and motivational drivers.
- Mentor Software Engineers, using empathetic communication and understanding to help them shape their career paths.
- Support and encourage Software Engineers as they strive to achieve their career objectives.
- Champion an environment of inclusion and equity, ensuring every team member feels valued and respected.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of diverse teams of Software Engineers, fostering a dynamic, and welcoming team atmosphere.
- Facilitate your teams in staying focused and efficient as they produce high-quality software.
- Take part in planning activities with the teams as workload and capacity are evaluated in order to balance projects required for the company to succeed.
- Participate in technical decision making, both in respect to solution decisions, quality considerations, trade-offs and the development pipeline.
- Ensure that the teams are visible and recognised for the contribution they make to the wider organisational objectives.
- Host one-to-one meetings in pursuit of objectives, performance, feedback, communication and growth.
- Collaborate with the Director of Product Engineering, Product Managers, Product Owners, and fellow Engineering Managers to streamline operations, establish meaningful success metrics, and ensure alignment with organisational objectives.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ years delivering software as part of an agile software delivery team.
- Experience building SDK’s, doing integrations and creating mobile apps advantageous
- Developing software that followed some serious rules, like PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, CCPA, and so on.
- Experience building software in the cloud using microservices.
- Payments Experience advantageous
- Experience working with remote and globally distributed teams.
- As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary based on your experience and skill set
- Annual bonus scheme dependent on individual and company performance
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (upon 30 days of employment)
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Great work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers wellbeing, family and financial support services,such as assessments, resources and even 1:1 counselling sessions. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders.
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US/Canada. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US/Canada.
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You've probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.