Operative is the leading provider of broadcast, digital ad and content management systems in the world. We accelerate revenue growth for the biggest and most successful media companies through our suite of software solutions, making it easier for them to deliver any audience and any outcome to their buyers. Operative has 1,000 employees in 10 offices around the world with 300+ media companies as clients including NBC, HBO, CBS, FOX, Discover, Hulu and Disney, 25,000+ worldwide users, $40+ billion in revenue processed.
If you live w/in the metro NYC area, there will be a hybrid policy of 2 days per week (Tues/Thurs) in our Manhattan office. If you live outside of metro NYC area, the role will be fully remote.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER OVERVIEW:
We are hiring a Software Engineer for the Data and Analytics Team. In this role you will be a member of the STAQ Software team responsible for designing, building and maintaining a large-scale data ingestion, processing, and analytics system.
STAQ is a part of Operative suite of Advertising platforms especially used for data driven intelligence - https://ww.operative.com/products/staq/
STAQ is a powerful platform that automates reporting and unifies marketing performance data across the ad technology stack for publishers, tech platforms, and others. By automating the collection of delivery data from over 400 integrations, data once managed in spreadsheets or neglected altogether is unified in a single platform through STAQ. Digital executives all benefit from STAQ through faster, better decision-making that ultimately prevents losses and increases revenues.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and developing key pieces of our technology stack, including real time data pipelines and scalable data processing and analysis services.
- Coding, you will be doing lots of coding. This role involves data analysis and other analytical aspects as well, but you should expect to write some code every day.
- Providing expertise and direction in planning for future requirements, scalability, availability, and accuracy of customer defined data requests.
- Providing leadership and direction through subject matter expertise.
- Communicating and collaborating with other engineering and non-technical business teams to plan, design, implement, and support complex solutions.
- Monitoring, tuning, and fixing faults to improve performance and stability. Monitor job performance in production, attend to PagerDuty alerts and work with support team to fix issues.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 4 years + experience in software engineering, utilizing a language such as Ruby, Python depending on the opportunity at hand. Most of our legacy codebase is in Ruby, so a willingness to work with Ruby is important even if you have experience in another language.
- Experience with multi-terabyte data sets using both relational and non-relational data stores - experience with Apache HAWQ or Greenplum is highly desirable.
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies and environments, including AWS and Google Cloud and operating at "cloud scale".
- Demonstrable understanding of queuing systems, workload dependency management, availability, service-oriented architecture, scalability and distributed data platforms.
- Experience building high performance data pipelines.
- Experience implementing data flows and/or building processors for Apache NiFi is a plus.
- Skilled with Git/bitbucket or another version control system.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment.
- Ability to develop using agile methodologies.
- Experience in the Adtech industry a plus
- In depth knowledge of performance tuning of SQL queries
The base salary range is $90,000-$130,000. The annual performance bonus range is $20,000. Total compensation range is $110,000-$150,000. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. The base salary amount offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the US, and successful background screening checks. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing, innovative company and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply today! Operative is a merit-first, equal opportunity employer; diverse applications are encouraged.