Experienced Oracle Production DBA
*Please send your resume in English to be considered.
300+ media companies as clients, $40+ billion in revenue processed, 25,000+ worldwide users. Operative accelerates revenue growth for the biggest and most successful media companies, making it easy for them to deliver any audience and outcome to their buyers. We give media companies the power of an open, data-driven, and highly configurable architecture that works across all linear, digital, and cross-media and converged deals, thanks to the recently released AOS platform. Operative has around 1,000 employees in 10 offices around the world, and our clients include FOX, NBC, HBO, CBS, and Disney.
It's genuinely an exciting time to join Operative. Don't wait!
The production DBA’s main purpose is to manage database activities in various company data centers, the AWS cloud, and in customer facilities around the world. The role requires self-motivation, teamwork, problem solving, a willingness to learn about complex software products, a desire to provide great customer support and excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement procedures for database maintenance, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Perform backup, recovery, high availability and DR procedures
- Performance tuning tasks including query rewrites, index analysis, profiles, traces, etc.
- Develop database design patterns for use by application R&D teams for scalable and highly available enterprise application database solutions. This includes recommendations for SQL coding, partitioning, and data purge activities
- Participate in on-call production support on a rotation basis
- Develop automated solutions using scripting language and DevOps tools
- Research new features and database technologies
- Participation in benchmark/sizing projects
- Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams, providing status updates for open issues, root cause analysis and problem remediation
- Maintaining database operations documentation and knowledge sharing with DBA team
- These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Company.
- This is not an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to successfully deliver Operative’s objectives.
- Hours: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm (São Paulo's time)
- Office location: São Paulo. 2 days a month flex in-office policy.
IDEAL CANDIDATE & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Initiative to promote new ideas.
- Ability to perform independent work and be a strong team player.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Patience, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Delivery-focused, with a flexible approach to work and willingness to learn new systems and business lines
- Advanced English communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and listening with the ability to independently interact with multinational teams).
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, mission-critical 24x7x365 environment. Must be available outside of regular business hours to assist in cases of emergency recovery, failure, or outage of Operative critical systems.
- Willingness to participate in international travel is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 8+ years of proven Enterprise Production Oracle database operational and technical administration experience and at least 4+ years of PL/SQL programming experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a Linux Environment (Oracle Linux, RedHat), preferably in a cloud or virtualized environment including strong scripting skills.
- Experience with a variety of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, FogLight, LAB 128, OEM, AWR, ASH, and ADDM reports
- Hands-on experience working with Oracle technologies like Data Guard, RMAN, ASM, Grid Control, and RAC
- Experience with database and application development
- Cloud experience (AWS, GCP, OCI and Azure)
- Experience with other relational DBs such as MySQL 5.7+ or SQL Server 2014+
- Experience with non-relational data stores (MongoDB, Redis, Vertica, etc.)
- Willingness to participate in occasional international travel
- Previous business development experience with Java, C# or C++, etc.