Operative is a leading software company in the media industry, serving 300+ media companies as clients with over $40 billion in revenue processed and 25,000+ worldwide users. Our mission is to accelerate revenue growth for the biggest and most successful media companies by providing them with an open, data-driven, and highly configurable architecture. Our recently released AOS platform enables media companies to deliver any audience and achieve any outcome for their buyers. With over 1,000 employees across 10 offices worldwide, Operative's impressive client portfolio includes FOX, NBC, WBD, Paramount, and Disney.
We are eager to welcome talented professionals who are passionate about the media industry and dedicated to driving success for our clients. It's genuinely an exciting time to join Operative and be a part of our global growth story. If you have what it takes, apply now!
ORACLE PRODUCTION DBA OVERVIEW:
Currently looking for an experienced Oracle Production DBA to join its global DBA team.
The Oracle Production DBA main purpose is to maintain, support and manage production DBA activities in various Operative data centers, the AWS cloud, or in customer facilities around the world. The Experienced Production DBA is expected to have profound Enterprise level production database operations and hands on experience, and to actively participate in all of the DBA team’s tasks.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for production database maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and technical day to day operations.
· Create and maintain backup, recovery, high availability and DR procedures, scripts, monitoring, alerting and automation.
· Manage database performance monitoring and tuning, including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools.
· Diagnose, identify, and resolve database performance events and develop best practice database design patterns for use by application R&D teams for scalable and highly available enterprise application database solutions.
· Working in real time to proactively monitor Production database environments, providing DBA support in shifts to cover full working hours of Operative customers.
· Participate in on-call production support on a rotation basis.
· Develop automated solutions using scripting language and DevOps tools.
· Investigation and implementation of new database technologies.
· Design and implementation of data processing operations (partitioning, data clean-up, data migration etc.).
· Participation in benchmark/sizing projects.
· Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams, providing status updates for open issues, root cause analysis and problem remediation.
· Maintaining database operations documentation.
· Plan and implement training and knowledge sharing process to elevate technical skill level across the DBA team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
· 4+ years of proven Enterprise Production Oracle database operational and technical experience.
· 4+ years of Oracle database administration and SQL / PL/SQL programming experience.
· 4+ years of experience in a Linux Environment (Oracle Linux, RedHat), preferably in a cloud or virtualized environment.
· Scripting skills with Bash, Python and/or Powershell.
· Experience with DB monitoring with a variety of tools (e.g. SolarWinds, FogLight, LAB 128, OEM, AWR, ASH, and ADDM reports), tracing, identifying bottlenecks, and tuning SQL, PL/SQL. The DBA will recommend code or configuration changes as appropriate.
· Hands-on experience working on Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c, and 19c environments.
· Hands-on experience working with Oracle technologies like Data Guard, RMAN, ASM, Grid Control, and RAC is essential.
· Willingness to participate in international travel is a plus.
· Experience with database and application development
· AWS cloud databases and services: EC2, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, AWS API, etc.
· Experience with other relational DBs such as MySQL 5.6 (or later) or MS SQL Server 2014 (or later).
· Development and administrative knowledge of non-relational data stores (MongoDB, Redis, Vertica, etc.).
Must demonstrate the following skills:
· Initiative to promote new ideas.
· Ability to perform independent work as well as being a strong team player.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Patience, flexibility and attentive to details.
· Delivery focused, with a flexible approach to work and willingness to learn new systems and business lines
· Effective written, verbal, presentation and listening communications skills.
*This role is hybrid w/ a 2 day a week Sydney office attendance policy.