Enterprise Risk Management Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What's exciting about the role
The management of risks from a second line perspective in relation to all aspects of the business operation of Verifone Payments entities (Netherlands, UK, Germany), including the related business operations from Romanian entity.
Next to identifying risks and analyzing the impact thereof, the Risk Analyst advises on and tests the effectiveness and the execution of control measures within the first line.
The Risk Analyst reports hierarchically to the Enterprise Risk Management Director of Verifone Payments and might have direct discussion with the Chief Compliance and Risk Officer and Director Risk & Compliance in the day-to-day business.
It’s important that you have the ability to communicate with various levels and various functional areas within the company. The preference is for individuals who have 3+ years of risk experience (in a tech/payments company would be a pre).
- Ability to work with the risk instruments developed within the ERM framework (as Risk and Control Self Assessment, Monitoring and Testing, Issue Management & Action Tracking, Change Risk Assessment, Strategic Risk Assessment, Threat Analysis & Risk Assessment, BCM, Integrity Risk Analysis)
- Support 1st line in performing risk assessments, by providing guidance, organize dedicated ERM workshops
- Support 1st line in designing control measures for mitigating the risks above the risk appetite
- Involve in monitoring and testing the first line control measures, and prepare reporting and presentations of the results for the higher management
- Participate together with Enterprise Risk Management Director, if is the case to Risk Committees, or Change Advisory Boards.
- Ensure that Risk Management processes are in compliance with Dutch and European regulations (provide support for 2nd line to update and implement the ERM framework)
- Knowledge or previous involvement in Incident Management;
- Knowledge or previous involvement in Information Security;
- Knowledge or previous involvement in Change Management;
- Maintain the list of processes and related process owners / experts up to date
- Develops, proposes, updates together with second line members, risk policies and (additional) measures for decision making by the board of directors of Verifone Payments B.V. and the Risk Committee;
- Contributes at managing the Verifone Payments B.V. risk policy house (being: risk charter, risk policies, risk procedures)
- Ensures the elaboration of risk-related policies through concrete measures and the issuing of functional guidelines
- Advises and supports the business lines at implementing established policies and (additional) measures
- Monitors and ensures the correct implementation and execution of measures in the organization related to established policies in relation to compliance
Skills and Experience we desire
- 3+ years of relevant risk experience
- Educated to relevant academic degree level or with relevant professional qualifications (risk management certificates would be a plus).
- Economic degree.
- Experience in working with risk management tools (i.e. OneTrust, Service Now) and mapping tools (i.e. Bizagi, Visio)
- Experience in Second Line risk management, preferably within payments or financial services.
- Knowledge or previous involvement in Incident Management and Information Security;
- Strong risk analysis skills, including written, analytical and verbal skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated attitude that can work autonomously and take initiative to learn.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.