Field Service Technician
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
A Field Service Technician performs tasks associated with hardware replacement and test of terminals returned from customer. Sometimes they will go to customer side to do terminal replacement on site, diagnostics and test POS terminal, components and assemblies using spare accessories provided.
What's exciting about the role
- Provide professional service and customer support during field visits
- Field service calls at call center during times where there is no deployment
- Support call center to answer all incoming calls from time to time
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Manage all on site installation, replacement, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and keep document processes
- Follow all company’s field and filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Install equipment as required by the business
Skills and Experience we desire
- Atleast 1 Year of proven Field Service experience (Preferred)
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Required to own a motorbike/motorcar as transport for field services
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to work additional hours for on-call/stand-by duties.
- Ability to assemble, install, operate, and maintain electronic equipment & systems.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel out of town.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country for which they are applying. Currently, Verifone does not provide visa sponsorships.