Business Development Manager, DTM Sales
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What's exciting about the role
- Proactively seek new self-generated business opportunities to develop and successfully win new customers.
- Qualify and quote Verifone Solutions and acquiring services to incoming calls and lead campaign enquires.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers with aftercare queries.
- Identify upsell/cross sell opportunities with existing Verifone customer base and new prospects.
- Business development using existing relationships to encourage referrals.
- Report back product gaps and competitive offerings to the relevant areas of the business to maximise future opportunities and growth.
- Accurately complete contracts for submission and work with the Underwriting team to resolve any order quires.
- Accurately forecast larger opportunities in salesforce to ensure stock availability.
- Meet and exceed assigned monthly terminal, quote and individual KPI targets.
Skills and Experience we desire
- Proactively self-motivated to self-generate and prospect to hit KPI’s, via i.e. Cold calling, social media, face to face prospecting.
- Attendance of company training and industry events.
- Apply a consultative approach - become a solutions architect and payments expert through self -learning and continual product training, consulting with your customers/prospects to understand their requirements.
- Qualification of all opportunities.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Thinking creatively and approaching each challenge as an opportunity to develop and win business.
- Responsible for ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Share market intelligence and competitor information with the appropriate internal personnel.
- Adopt Verifone Values, Accountability, sense of Urgency and Simplification.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in sales
- Experience within direct sales/upselling/customer retention.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex project and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer focused and goal-oriented
- Experience working in payment industry a plus
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.